Wednesday 10 October 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday - Memory of Holt

While Sharon of Pintangle has started a new cq block for her WIPW I am working much more slowly. The progress on my crazy quilt block this week is connected with the quaint little town of Holt in North Norfolk.

I went there together with two quilting friends on a nice summer's day. We had some morning coffee, looked around the many attractive shops and shopwindows, then had lunch at Byfords. My friends then took me to The Pied Piper, a little shop with quilting fabric. There is also a good selection of attractive gift items. Among them I found some Friendship Bracelets made with silk thread.


I immediately saw the potential for using it on my CQ block. It would not only look great, it would also remind me of my friends and the great day out we were having in Holt.

As you can see the band has several 'sections' and I found some seams where two of them would 'take a corner' and fit in perfectly. I have yet to do something with the tassel and the looped end.


The knotted part looks very attractive next to the Indian ornament from Gotland.




7 comments:

margaret said...

what a wonderful way to remember a lovely day out with friends.

City Krafters said...

Very clever.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A lovely bracelet and a neat idea to use in on your block :)

Queeniepatch said...

One of the attractive things about crazy quilting is that 'anything goes'. There are no rules and you can let your imagination free. So why not collect pieces of fabric, thread, buttons, ribbons, trinkets or other items that hold a memory of a trip, an event, an era or a person. I think it is a bit like a photo album or the now so popular scrap booking. Enjoy quilting!

Faith said...

Very pretty! That's a wonderful way to use the bracelet. I like and agree with the correlation to scrap-booking. CQ can even use the photos!

Queeniepatch said...

You're quite right! Photos are perfect for cq and will make very personal quilts.

Marjolein said...

Beautiful combination with the Indian ornament!
Have a nice weekend!