You can read what I have written earlier about NHK Partnership quilt here.
Last year it was CIRCLE and I contributed with this block:
For 2014 the theme is FLOWER LANGUAGE.
This is something the Japanese love and is often used in TV dramas, or indeed for quilted gifts between friends. Here is a list of flowers and their meaning.
Be sure I will not make a Lettuce or Cypress block! I might even stretch the rules and make a fantasy flower with a new meaning. After all, language is always changing!
Sashiko, crazy quilt, appliqué, pieced, Celtic bias tape... I am sure anything goes!
Should you wish to participate, then these are the rules:
- one block per person
- 22cm x 22cm with a seam allowance of 1.5cm included
- flimsy block, i.e. no wadding, no quilting
- your name should be written with pen in the seam allowance of the lower right hand corner
- your block should have reached NHK by 31st August, 2013
- enclose a note with your name, address, tel no, email address
- send to:
NHK Sutekini Handmade
Your block will be joined with other blocks into large bed size quilts and quilted by volunteers. These quilt will be displayed at Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival in January next year, where they will be raffled off.