Saturday 15 November 2014

TAST #138 Barb Stitch

After having had some trouble with two recent stitches, I was very pleased to learn this new one, TAST #138 Barb Stitch. It was easy peasy and I am very happy with the result.


I have just realised that our teacher, Sharon, has worked her whipping stitches from right to left so the centre stitches are slanting in the other direction. Actually I don't think it is so important, and I won't undo my left-to-right-whipped stitches... You, however, who probably will read the instructions more carefully, can learn the correct way from Pintangle. Have fun!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Good detail awareness! I don't think I would have noticed (consciously, at least) the slant of those wrap stitches. Probably just be vaguely unsettled and aware that something wasn't 'right'.

:) Linda

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I wouldn't think it matters which way the centre stitches are whipped. I like blue with brown.

Queeniepatch said...

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it! Ha, ha! The point is I need to remind myself to read the instructions with care; next mistake might be a much more complex one and I go on wondering what is wrong.

Queeniepatch said...

Of course it doesn't matter, and I think you could make another row of whipping stitches on top to create a cross design, but then there might be another name for the stitch.
I like the blue and brown combination, too.
Have a great Sunday, Linda.

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

I really could not tell, they are so neat !
hugs
Chris Richards xx

Renee said...

These are beautiful examples of this stitch. Lovely work!

Renee said...

Lovely stitching! Your top example looks like a fantastic way for me to add a fence to my next landscape-themed crazy quilts thanks for the inspiration!

Annet said...

I like your variation with uneven legs, brown and blue is very pretty together!

Queeniepatch said...

Good! I don't think it matters one bit.

Queeniepatch said...

Thanks, Renee.

Queeniepatch said...

It is nice when we can see how a stitch would fit into a motif.

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, the brown and blue work well together. The blue variegated thread is hand dyed by Sharon and so soft and lovely to work with.