Tuesday 13 September 2016

TASTy Tuesday - Second Helpings 106 - 110

I must be on a diet - or have I lost apetite in the hot and humid climate of Tokyo? This week I have only worked five TAST stitches. The real reason is that I have run out of space at the bottom of the fabric:
As I don't want to add another piece of fabric, the next 30 stitches will be squeezed in at the sides, and stitched in a vertical line. Five blocks on each side with three stitches each.  Hopefully these blocks will frame the first 110 stitches:

 
So here are the five stitches I did manage to stitch:
From the top:
106) Looped Cretan Stitch
107) Beaded Looped Cretan Stitch (with bugle beads)
108) Rice Stitch
109) Square Boss Stitch
110) Rope Stitch

6 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What an interesting activity and at the end, quite a remarkable piece of stitching. I love your cherry/plum tree, btw.

Janie said...

Your five rows turned out beautiful, great work, Queenie.

crazyQstitcher said...

This is a splendid way to finish the straight section of the work.
The bullions suit the Looped Cretan well and the Rice stitches- Yum! I don't know if it's the colours used or the rows of patterns but they are really lovely.
Neat rope stitch too

carorose said...

A great sampler.

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice finish at the bottom. How many stitches do you plan in total? Looking forward to those border stitches.