Tuesday 21 February 2017

TAST - #141 Fancy Bobbin Edging

TAST, short for Take A Stitch Tuesday, is a great online course of embroidery stitches, run by Sharon B of Pintangle. I learned 140 stitches between 2012 and 2014.

When the course restarted again I mistakenly thought the same 140 stitches would be repeated in the same order, and I should wait for a new stitch to be added after #140. It was by pure chance I realized that some new stitches had been inserted and the order had changed slightly.

I want to learn the new stitches, but I also want to keep the old numbers in my TAST collection.

One of the stitches new to me is called Fancy Bobbin Edging. I will be calling Fancy Bobbin Edging, TAST #141.


It is an easy and fun stitch, and leaves a nice knobby edge at the bottom of the stitch. When time comes I will love to play with this new addition to my collection of TAST stitches. For the time being I have other things to work on...

Edited later.
I found the TAST Reference Chart and added these stitches. No name plate yet.



3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like this stitch. It gives a nice definition on the base line.
xx, Carol

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I shall have to try this one.

crazyQstitcher said...

I'll have to check back to see if I have done them. I know I skipped the last TAST round.