Sunday 8 April 2018

Friday Revision Homework - Stitches 51 - 55

It is Sunday and I am presenting my Friday homework late.... well, never mind, here is my Sunbonnet Sue Stitch Sampler for Sunday Stitch School's stitches 51 - 55

51 Tent Stitch
52 Underside Couching
53 Sword Edging Stitch
54 Tramming
55 Tailor's Buttonhole Stitch (two versions, Reader's Digest and Yorkshire Tailor's)


Sue is busy with spring cleaning, so busy her house dress is coloured in with crayon rubbed over a molding mat and not embroidered.



10 comments:

Pamela said...

This is fantastic!

Shami Immanuel said...

She is nice. That crayon print looks good. U gave me an idea to fill the empty backgrounds in the embroidery. Thanks.

Rachel said...

Oh, very well done! Sue is fresh and dainty and very capable-looking!

Queeniepatch said...

Thanks!

Queeniepatch said...

Using crayon and a hot iron is a great way to 'dye' fabric!. Put something with relief pattern underneath and you get a pattern, too.

Queeniepatch said...

She is in the mood for spring cleaning! Need a char?

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great use of stitches, I like the gloves.

Queeniepatch said...

The gloves are my favorites, too.

Queeniepatch said...

I think she looks very capable! She can come to my house and do some cleaning any time!

crazyQstitcher said...

Such a classy cleaning lady. Your clever use of the stitches appeals to me